… for the sake of her family, her friends, and most of all her art learners.
Our very own Lillian Gray, contemporary South African artist, has painted herself into an exhibition in The Big Apple!
To Lillian, this invitation to showcase her work in New York is the rainbow in South Africa’s cloud (thank you, Maya Angelou, for this beautiful quote). With all the politicking going on in our country at the moment, Lillian wants to show the world that South Africa and our art are alive and well.
Yes, we can paint, carve, or sculpt our way out of the toughest situations. In fact, we ordinary humans must pave our own path instead of wasting our energy on negativity, politicians, and bad news.
To get her to New York (and back), Lillian needs your help. She has to raise funds for flights, accommodation, art supplies, shipping, food, and yellow taxi rides!
How you can help
- Support Lillian Gray’s student exhibition in August 2018.
- Buy a collectors set of six wines showcasing Lillian’s art
- Purchase a 2019 Collectors Calendar with Lillian Gray paintings.
- Buy raffle tickets at R25 each to win a Lillian Gray painting.
- Attend Lillian Gray’s solo exhibition in October 2018.
- Support her on BackaBuddy
If you believe that the future of our youth and country lies in art and colour – we are after all the rainbow nation – help Lillian Gray to get to New York… and back.