How do I sign up for the beginner’s drawing workshop?
- Send us an email to email@example.com
- Make payment
- Show up for the course
What do we need to bring?
- An open mind and a positive spirit. This course will change you.
- Newspaper Print A2 is great. You will be doing lots of quick sketches.
- A2 White paper for 15 -25mins drawings.
- Your drawing kit. Raw Charcoal, Soft Charcoal, Charcoal Pencils.
- Hb, 2B, 4B, 6B pencils.
- We have table easels, erasers, aprons and sharpeners in the studio.
Who can attend?
Adults or late teenagers who wish to learn. We will ensure that you leave with unblocked creativity and increased confidence when approaching a blank page or any figure drawing.
What is the structure of the workshop?
Each session will be 3 hours and consist of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and enough time to paint.
What level should I be at?
The course runs like a workshop, rather than being taught as a set of step-by-step guided instructions. It is appropriate for students of all levels, including those with some previous experience. Numbers are kept to a maximum of 15 (sometimes fewer), which gives time for the tutor to go round and give one-to-one advice. If you are more advanced, we have other activities planned while the rest does the basics.
Who should take this course?
The course is suitable for:
- students with some previous experience who want to learn new techniques to push their practice further
- undergraduate students wishing to improve their painting skills
- those who want to strengthen their skills and portfolio in order to apply for study at art colleges
- beginners welcome