How do I sign up for the beginner’s oil painting workshop
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make payment
- Show up for the course
What do we need to bring?
- An open mind and a positive spirit. This course will change you.
- Notebook and pen
- Your Oil Painting Kit (View checklist here) But below are a few items.
- a wide range of artists’ oil paints, White, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Venetian Red, Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Crimson, Veridian Green, Sap Green, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Red, Windsor Violet, Cadmium Yellow & Lemon Yellow, Winsor Orange and Raw Umber
- a stretched canvases A4 size x 5
- palette (optional), purified linseed oil, brushes and kitchen roll.
- Mineral spirit:
- landscape drawings or photographs of a landscape you want to paint.
- Palette, liquin (Winsor & Newton), brushes, a jar, kitchen roll, palette knife, cotton buds.
- Purified linseed oil.
- We have table easels. If you wish to paint from life for the landscapes, please bring a standing easel.
Who can attend?
Adults or late teenagers who wish to learn the medium of the masters, oil painting. We will ensure that you leave with unblocked creativity and increased confidence when approaching a blank canvas.
What is the structure of the workshop?
Each session will be 3 hours and consist of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and enough time to paint.
I am frustrated with oils. I tried it before but it takes forever to dry. How can I master it or work around it?
Oil painting dominates the world of artistic painting when it comes to medium choice. Oils have stood the test of time and are still the preferred choice of painting medium for many artists.
Oil paints are slow to dry, which allows the artist to work areas in a painting for a long period of time. This can be viewed as an advantage, but also a disadvantage if the desire of the artist is to cover areas of colour with a new one. Drying mediums are available that can speed up the drying times of oil paints to help with this. Oils can be used on just about any surface. The most popular surfaces for oil painting include canvas and panel. So attend our course and we will assist you in overcoming the obstacles.