Watercolour Workshop – 18 November 2023
This watercolour workshop is a lovely, intense one day course, dedicated to watercolour. We will be covering painting techniques, colour mixing, bugs, birds, botanicals and landscapes.
The workshop will be presented at a beginner level. Everyone is welcome!
82 Kessel Street, Fairland
Saturday: 9:00 – 16:00
Refreshments (Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water) and Lunch
Art Supplies. Please bring your own.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up?
- Book & Pay online from the link above.
- Show up for the course
What do we need to bring?
- An open mind and a positive spirit.
- Notebook and pen
- Your watercolour kit (View list here) Below are a few item you can buy on our website
- Watercolour paint set – you can either bring the tubes but I prefer working with the colour pads/squares.
- Watercolour Paper / Pad that has been already stretched A3. (300gms + doesn’t need to be stretched)
- Water Brush set or long handle brushes
- High Res Photos of birds, plants, bugs or landscapes you want to paint.
Who can attend?
Adults or Teenagers who wish to learn the tricks of Watercolours. We will ensure that you leave with unblocked creativity and increased confidence when approaching a blank sheet of paper.
What is the structure of the workshop?
Each session will be 3 hours and consist of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and enough time to paint.
Is this course for me
- Does watercolour painting intimidate you?
- Do you feel that you have to be talented in order to find success with watercolour painting?
- Do your colours look “muddied” or undersaturated?
- Do you want to learn multiple application techniques for painting with watercolours?
- Do you want to learn how to mix pigments and apply colour theory in your paintings?
- Are you looking for broad exposure to multiple subjects and techniques?
- Do you want to learn strategies for creating strong compositions?
- Are you lacking confidence?
What level should I be at?
The course runs like a workshop, rather than being taught as a set of step-by-step guided instructions. It is appropriate for students of all levels, including those with some previous experience. Numbers are kept to a maximum of 15 (sometimes fewer), which gives time for the tutor to go round and give one-to-one advice. If you are more advanced, we have other activities planned while the rest does the basics.
Who should take this course?
The course is suitable for:
- students with some previous experience who want to learn new techniques to push their practice further
- undergraduate students wishing to improve their painting skills
- those who want to strengthen their skills and portfolio in order to apply for study at art colleges
- beginners welcome