This is a lovely, workshop focused on drawing the elements of the face. It is dedicated to learning how to draw proportionately correct faces with confidence. We will be covering the basic proportions of the face, how to shade and create texture to make your drawing as realistic as possible.
Learn how to draw any face you see on paper with our art teacher Jaylin. The course was developed by artist Lillian Gray.
Lillian Gray Art Studio
82 Kessel Street, Fairland JOHANNESBURG
9:00 – 16:00
All refreshments &
*please inform us of any dietary requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for this drawing faces workshop
- Book online here
- Make payment
- Show up for the course
What do we need to bring?
- Your drawing kit. Hb, 2B, 4B, 6B pencils.
- A3 Sketchbook or Loose A3 pages
- We have table easels, erasers, aprons and sharpeners in the studio.
Please note that our online store has most of these items available but please purchase them PRIOR to the workshop and not on the day of the workshop.
What is the structure of the workshop?
The session will consist of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and enough time to draw.
What level should I be at?
The course runs like a workshop, rather than being taught as a set of step-by-step guided instructions. It is appropriate for students of all levels, including those with some previous experience. Numbers are kept to a maximum of 15 (sometimes fewer), which gives time for the tutor to go round and give one-to-one advice. If you are more advanced, we have other activities planned while the rest does the basics.
Who should take this course?
The course is suitable for:
- Students with some previous experience who want to learn new techniques to push their practice further
- Undergraduate students wishing to improve their drawing skills
- Those who want to strengthen their skills and portfolio in order to apply for study at art colleges
- Beginners welcome
Please read our Refund Policy here.