Still life Oil Painting Workshop – 15 May 2022
This is a lovely, yet intense still life oil painting workshop. It is dedicated to learning how to paint a still life. You will learn how to paint and reproduce colours, how to use shapes and add tonal values, and how to add textures as well as using basic compositions to make your painting realistic.
Learn how to paint a realistic Still Life with our art teacher Jaylin. The course was developed by artist Lillian Gray.
Lillian Gray Art Studio
82 Kessel Street, Fairland JOHANNESBURG
9:00 – 16:00
All refreshments &
*please inform us of any dietary requirements
Please bring your own oil painting kit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for this Still Life Oil Painting Workshop?
- Book online here
- Make payment
- Show up for the course
What do we need to bring?
- An open mind and a positive spirit. This course will change you.
- Notebook and pen
- Your Oil Painting Kit which you can buy on our website, a mini oil kit will also work. If you would prefer to source the materials yourself, below are a few more items that you will need to bring along with you:
- Oil paints
- Stretched canvases A3 x 2
- Palette, brushes, kitchen roll, palette knives & turpentine
- Pinterest on your phone. Please create a board on the Still lifes you would like to paint.
- We have table easels and standing easels in the studio, no need to bring them.
Please note that our online store has most of these items available but please purchase them PRIOR to the workshop and not on the day of the workshop.
Who can attend?
Adults or teenagers who wish to learn the art of painting Still Lifes with oil pain. We will ensure that you leave with unblocked creativity and increased confidence when approaching a blank canvas.
What is the structure of the workshop?
The session will consist of lectures, discussions, demonstrations and enough time to paint.
Please read our Refund Policy here.
Meet Your host
Jaylin graduated with a Master of Arts(MA): Visual Art – cum laude
She has plenty of experience in oil painting, printmaking, watercolour and drawing. Jaylin is an enthusiastic and passionate woman. She is motivated and determined to share her love for art with all our Workshop attendees and students.
Jaylin has been a part of four exhibitions and has absolutely excelled in her studies completing her Btech Fine Arts –cum laude.
She received awards for her art: Top 100 Sasol New Signatures; Lynn Goldfinch Trophy and the Special award Design School floating trophy for excellence in painting and drawing.